Historical Names of the Commission

  • Pilot Commission for the Ports of San Francisco – February 25, 1850.
  • Board of Pilot Commissioners for the Port and Harbor of San Francisco. – April 27, 1852.
  • Board of Pilot Commissioners for the Port of San Francisco and all the water inside the Bar
    passing through the mount of the Harbor of San Francisco. – April 21, 1860.
  • Pilot Commissioners for the Port of San Francisco. – May 20, 1861.
  • Board of Pilot Examiners for the Ports of San Francisco, Mare Island and Benicia. – April 4, 1864.
  • Board of Pilot Commissioners for the Ports of San Francisco, Mare Island and Benicia. – March 22 1870.
  • Pilot Commissioners for the Ports of San Francisco, Mare Island, Vallejo and Benicia. – March 29, 1878.
  • Board of Pilot Commissioners for San Francisco, Mare Island and Benicia. – July 29, 1927.
  • Board of Pilot Commissioners for the Bays of San Francisco, San Pablo and Suisun. – August 21, 1993.

logo

Contact Information

Board of Pilot Commissioners For the Bays of San Francisco, San Pablo, and Suisun
660 Davis Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
e-mail: bopc@ca.gov
TEL (415)397-2253
FAX (415)397-9463